Friday, January 7, 2011

Thoughts During Week 2

I've really been trying to have a positive outlook this week. I watched the premier of this season of "The Biggest Loser" and it motivated me to say that I never want to get that far; that I want to lose weight now and be healthy now so that I don't get older and find I've thrown away my life for food and weight gain. I got really pumped and have been working really hard this week.
Yesterday, Thursday, I went out to eat with my mom and sister. I tried to order healthy, but let's just say, I could have done better. I came home feeling super guilty about it. So determined for a 2 hour workout, I began a run that ended up only lasting 1/2 hour because my shins began to hurt so bad from my run. Then I did a arm muscle workout for only 25 minutes. I was very disappointed in myself and that I let pain stop me. But as I promised myself at the beginning of this process, I would think of a positive in every situation, no matter my discouragement. So I praised myself for putting in an hours worth of exercise yesterday, and that today would be a lot better with my eating today and ice my shins so that I could put in a lot of hard work today. I am very proud of myself for being able to turn my discouragement into a positive situation, and for still being motivated to keep working at it. I am not going to give up. I WILL do it this time, and I am thrilled at thinking about what will come of my efforts and the lifestyle I'm creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment