Tuesday, January 4, 2011

SUCCESS #1

My goal is to post here each week after I weigh in (Tuesdays) and report my successes along the way, with maybe a few posts between depending on how I feel! I am happy to report that I had my first success moment this morning! My mini-goals have been to lose at least 3 lbs. a week. I was hoping so badly that I would get at least that. I have worked so hard this week, and have been very conscious of what I eat. I went to a New Years party and, although I treated myself to some snacks, I did a lot better than I normally would have and was very proud of myself considering the holiday. I've been working out for at least an hour everyday, watching my portions, and I just hoped desperately that it would pay off somehow. And that it did! My grand total of weight loss this week was 9 lbs! 9 LBS!!! I was ecstatic! Boy did it really pay off for me this week and I am thrilled! I am so proud of myself. Last night I did an hour run, where at the beginning of the week I could barely make myself pull 20 minutes. I deserve that 9 lbs, and it was definitely A LOT more than I was anticipating!
I am very in to the show "The Biggest Loser," (hence, why I weigh in on Tuesdays!) :) I look at my first week of working hard and getting a big number just like the contestants on that show! But now as I go into my second week, I think of THEIR second weeks on the show. Their numbers are always so low! I could easily see myself getting discouraged with that. But knowing that that is a possibility that I TOO may see a low number this week may help me. I am motivated to push forward and to work hard because I know I am having success. I need to continue to push myself hard, and if I get at least 3 this week, then I will have at least met my weekly goal. I know I can't pull a 9 every week. And I know my body may try to fight back this week because it doesn't know if I'm going to stick to this plan. I AM going to fight back HARD this week, and hope that my body understands my mind enough to know what I want, and to pull a 3. That is where I need to keep my mind this week. Push harder than last week to get at least a 3. And if I am as pleasantly surprised next week as I was this week, then so be it! :) I am going to do it this time, and this is the week to let my body know that! So LET'S GET IT ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment