Monday, January 17, 2011

Shame On Me

I should just be finishing up week 3 and getting ready to weigh in tomorrow. However, my scale is broken and I don't dare trust it with an accurate reading. Plus, on Friday and Saturday, I didn't do so well on my eating. I had a Bacon Cheeseburger on Friday night and 2 slices of pizza on Saturday night. And to make it worse, I didn't make the time to work out. I could make up all the excuses that I want, but the fact remains that it is my fault. The worst of it hits me when I realize how disappointed my husband is in my slip up. He has been such a HUGE motivation to me the past few weeks with how hard I've been pushing myself. But to hear that he is disappointed and doesn't know if he can motivate me as much because he doesn't know how much I want it anymore is so hard. When I run and I feel like I just can't do it another 15 minutes, I think of Clayton and how proud he would be of me if I could tell him that I pushed myself harder. Shame on me for letting him down. It got me really down for a couple days, wondering if I really CAN do this. But I realized that I never would be able to if I didn't change my attitude and live by standard principles I have. "It's ok to make mistakes, just as long as we learn from them" has been one of these for me for quite some time. If I can't learn from this mistake of eating unhealthy and get back on, then I will never have success. It's ok to slip up. I need to try my best not to, I know. But if I do, I need to get up the strength to get back up and push harder and make up for my mistake. And so, today I did that. I did a 1 hour kickboxing workout, and plan on running when Clayton can be home to watch Zack. I need to get back in this and not quit!

No comments:

Post a Comment